Saturday, April 28, 2007
Lemon Wildflower Cake
130 gm. Butter
250 gm. sugar
250 gm. cake flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 tsp. Lemon paste
4 eggs plus 2 egg yolks
1 cup Buttermilk
(1) Cream butter and sugar with a flat beater till light and fluffy.
(2) Add in vanilla essence and lemon paste.
(3) Add in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
(4) Sift flour with baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda and fold alternately into the butter mixture with the Buttermilk.
(5) Pour batter into wildflower cake pan or any rectangular tin (8" x 11") and bake at 175c for about 50 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Remove cake from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.