Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Jaffa Liquer Slice
280 gm. plain chocolate biscuits - Khong Guan brand or any brand will do
100 gm. melted butter
500 gm. Cream Cheese - softened
100 gm. dark cooking chocolate - melted
160 gm. caster sugar
1 Tbsp. finely grated orange rind
2 Tbsp. Cointreau or Grand Marnier
Chocolate Ganache: Topping
160 gm. chopped chocolate
60 ml. dairy cream
(1) Blend biscuits into fine crumbs. Add in melted butter and mix evenly. Press into rectangular pan - 19 cm x 29 cm, line base with baking paper extending paper 5 cm over the edge.
(2) Cheese Filling: Whisk eggs and sugar until thick and creamy.
(3) Beat cream cheese with a paddle at medium speed until smooth. Add in egg mixture gradually.
(4) Pour half the cheese mixture into another bowl. Stir in melted chocolate into one bowl and rind and cointreau into the other bowl. Pour both mixture into pan, swirl with skewer.
(5) Bake for 40 mins. at 160C. Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar.
(6) Make chocolate ganache. Boil dairy cream till just boil then pour into dark chocolate and stir till smooth. Spread chocolate ganache over cooled cheesecake and refrigerate for 3 hours or till set before slicing.