Monday, March 26, 2007
Mi Jian Kueh
This is a simple mi jian kueh which doesn't use yeast.
500 gm. Plain flour
500 ml. water
200 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. bicarbonate of Soda
2 tsp. Eno
grounded peanuts, butter and sugar - for sprinkling
(1) Mix egg, salt, sugar, salt and soda. Stir well and slowly add in flour and water, mix well till smooth and stand for 30 mins.
(2) Add in Eno and stir till well mixed.
(3) Heat up a pan with cover. Grease the pan and pour in a scoop of batter to cover the base of pan, cover with lid and let it cook for awhile.
(4) Uncover the lid, scoop some butter or margarine on top, then sprinkle groundnuts and sugar, cover the lid again and let it cook till the base is golden brown.
(5) Loosen the edge and fold into half like a semi-circle. Continue till batter finish.
(6) Serve hot.