Friday, March 09, 2007
M & M's Celebration Cheesecake
Ingredients for biscuit base:
200 gm. oreo biscuit
80 ml. melted butter
800 gm. cream cheese
150 gm. castor sugar
5 Tbsp. sifted cornflour
1/2 tsp. Vanilla Essence
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
4 large eggs
130 ml. whipping cream
130 ml. Milk
100 ml. whipping cream
100 gm. dark cooking chocolate
some M & M plain chocolate candies - for decoration
(1) Blend oreo biscuits and then add in melted butter. Mix well and then press into a 9" springform cake tin. Refrigerate till harden.
(2) Beat cream cheese with sugar till creamy.
(3) Add in cornflour, vanilla essence and lemon juice.
(4) Add in eggs one at a time making sure that it's evenly mixed before the next addition.
(5) Pour in whipping cream and milk and mix till evenly mixed.
(6) Pour filling onto the prepared biscuit base and bake at 160C for about 90 mins.
Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in the oven for about 45 mins. Prop open oven and leave for another 45 mins. or till cooled. Remove cheesecake and put in the fridge to chill.
(7) For topping: microwave whipping cream and chocolate for about 45 secs. and then stir till smooth. Let stand for 5 mins. before pouring on top of the cheesecake. Sprinkle M & M chocolate candies on top. Refrigerate cake again for at least 8 hours before slicing. Serve chilled.
**Recipe adapted from the book "Crave".