Thursday, March 15, 2007
Eggless Mocha & Walnut Cake
250 gm. butter or margarine
180 gm. honey or maple syrup
40 gm. soft brown sugar
200 ml. milk
1 tbsp. instant coffee dissolved in 2 Tbsp. hot water
1 tsp. coffee paste
300 gm. self-raising flour - sifted
100 gm. walnuts - chopped
80 gm. chopped walnuts for sprinkling on top
(1) Put butter, honey and soft brown sugar into a pot and cook over low heat till sugar and honey dissolves.
(2) Add in milk, instant coffee mixture and coffee paste.
(3) Mix in self-raising flour and chopped walnuts and mix till well mixed.
(4) Pour mixture into an 8" round tray lined with greaseproof paper and sprinkle chopped walnuts ontop. Bake at 175C for about 45 - 60 mins. or till cooked.
(5) Remove and leave to cool on wire rack before slicing.
Note: recipe by Agnes Chang - I can Bake.