Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Cake Lapis Chocolate
20 egg yolks
8 egg white
250 gm. sugar
200 gm. Hong Kong flour or cake flour
1 Tbsp. Ovalette
450 gm. Butter
6 Tbsp. Condensed Milk
1 orange skin - grated
1/2 tsp. orange emulco
2 tsp. coffee paste
1 Tbsp. Chocolate paste
3 Tbsp. Dark cooking chocolate - melted
(1) Beat ingredients (A) till thick and fluffy.
(2) Cream ingredients (B) till creamy.
(3) Fold ingredients (A) and (B) together and mix evenly.
(4) Divide mixture into 3 portions. Two portions add in grated orange and orange paste. The other portion add in coffee paste, chocolate paste and melted chocolate.
(5) Spoon 4 to 5 Tabsp. of orange batter into 8" x 8" sq tin and bake till half cook then turn to grill mode and bake till golden brown. Continue baking layer by layer till orange portion finish.
(6) Continue the same process with the chocolate portion and bake till batter finish.
(7) Continue the same process again with the orange portion and bake till finish.
(8) For the last layer, change back to oven temperature of 175C and bake a further 15 to 20 mins.
(9) Remove from oven and leave to cool before slicing.
Note: You can leave l layer portion of chocolate batter for the uppermost layer.