Sunday, March 04, 2007
Blueberry Egg White Layered Cake
450 gm. egg white
180 gm. castor sugar
350 gm. butter
100 gm. condensed milk
180 gm. blueberry pie filling
180 gm. cake flour
(1) Cream butter with condense milk till light and creamy
(2) Whisk egg white with sugar till soft peak.
(3) Fold in creamed butter with whisked egg white, then fold in cake flour.
(4) Divide mixture into 2 portions.
(5) Add blueberry pie filling into 1 portion and leave the other portion plain.
(6) Line a 7" sq. tray. Spread 4 Tbsp. of plain mixture and steam for about 5 mins. or till cooked.
(7) Spread 5 Tbsp. Blueberry mixture onto the steamed plain cake and steam again for about 5 mins. or till cooked. Repeat till finished.
(8) Cool on wire rack before slicing.
Recipe adapted from the book "Sarawak Layered Cake" by Jamie Jong.