Saturday, February 10, 2007
150 gm. Ghee (can subsititute with butter or cornoil)
90 gm. Icing sugar
1 egg yolk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
200 gm. Plain flour
40 gm. ground almond
1 tsp. Baking Powder
1 egg yolk for Glazing
(1) Cream ghee and icing usgar till creamy. Add in egg yok, vanilla, salt and mix thoroughly.
(2) Add in sifted plain flour, baking powder and ground almonds. Mix till a dough is formed.
(3) Roll into small round balls for about 6 gm. each. and arrang on baking tray.
(4) Use a chopstick to dip into egg yolk and then press it on top of each roll ball.
(5) Bake at 165C for about 15 - 20 mins. or till cooked.
(6) Cool on wire rack before storing in cookie containers.
Note: Sugee cookies is supposed to be whitish in colour and not brown after baking.