Friday, March 02, 2007
150 gm. plain flour
75 gm. butter
a dash of salt
30 gm. sugar
1/2 egg (beaten)
For fillings: Mix them altogether
100 gm. pumpkin (skinned, steamed and mashed)
40 gm. soft brown sugar
1 large egg
30 gm. evaporated milk
(1) Pastry: Sieve plain flour into a large mixing bowl. Add in butter , sugar and salt and mix till it resembles breadcrumbs.
(2) Add in beaten egg and mix till a pliable dough is formed. Judge the dough yourself, if it's too wet, don't add all and if it's too dry, add a little more egg. Do not overmix dough otherwise gluten will form and your pastry becomes rubbery. Rest the dough for 15 mins.
(3) Press dough into tart mould and trim off excess flour at the rim.
(4) Scoop fillings into tart moulds.
(5) Bake at 180C for about 20 mins. till pastry is golden. Cool well.