Sunday, March 25, 2007
300 gm. butter
25 egg yolks
3 egg white
220 gm. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1 Tbsp. ovalette
160 gm. cake flour
450 gm. seedless prunes
1 Tbsp. rum
2 Tbsp. condense milk
(1) Cream butter till creamy and pale in colour. Add in rum and condense milk.
(2) Whisk egg yolks, egg white, sugar and vanilla essence together , then add in ovalette and flour. Whisk till double in volume.
(3) Fold in the beaten butter, rum and condensed milk.
(3) Prepare a 8" X 8" Sq. tray - lined at the bottom.
(4) Grill the cake layer by layer with prunes on alternate layers.
(5) Use a skewer to prick every layer and press lightly with a lapis pree to flatten each layer.
(6) When finish frilling, bake the cake at 180C for about 15 mins.