250 gm. Butter
100 gm. Ghee
50 gm. sugar
450 gm. plain flour
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
a few drops of green colouring
Filling: Mix together
300 gm. roasted groundnuts - roasted and blended coarsely
120 gm. castor sugar
3 Tbsp. Creamy Peanut butter / shortening or cornoil
(1) Cream butter, ghee and sugar till creamy. Add in egg and a few drops of green colouring.
(2) Add in flour, baking powder and salt and mix till a dough is formed. Rest in the fridge for 30 mins.
(3) Roll peanut fillings into small balls.
(4) Pinch some dough, roll thinly and wrap up with peanut filling. Make into an oval shape and then use pincher to press into leaf-like design. Place onto baking tray.
(5) Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 20 mins.
(6) Remove and cool a little before dusting with icing sugar.
(7) Cool and store in airtight containers.
Note: Instead of peanut filling, use can substitute with dates or prune fillings.