Sunday, February 04, 2007
Heart-shaped Raspberry Mousse Cake
Ingredients for sponge cake:
120 gm. cake flour
4 nos. medium size eggs
120 gm. sugar
a pinch of salt
65 gm. melted butter
Ingredients for raspberry mousse:
50 ml. fresh milk
20 gm. instant custard
100 gm. raspberry puree - blend fresh raspberries
45 gm. sugar
130 gm. whipped cream
8 gm. gelatine + 40 gm. water (soak together)
a little of lemon juice
1 Tbsp. Kirsch
some chopped raspberry
6 to 7 nos. of petite heart-shaped cake rings
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till fluffy.
(2) Fold in melted butter and cake flour alternately till finish. Do not overmix.
(3) Divide mixture into 2 portions. Leave one portion plain and add some chocolate paste into the other portion.
(4) Put batter into piping bags and pipe slanting into a rectangular tray - 11" x 14".
(5) Bake for 10 to 15 mins at 180C or till cooked.
(6) Remove cake from tray and leave it to cool on a wire rack.
(7) Cut out sponge cakes according to your heart shape mould. 1 cake needs two heart shape mould.
(8) For mousse:
Put gelatine and water in a microwave bowl and microwave for about 25 secs.
(9) Mix instant custard with milk.
(10) Boil half of raspberry puree with sugar until sugar dissolved. Add melted gelatine in and mix thoroughly.
(11) Fold in the rest of raspberry pree and lemon juice and leave it to cool.
(12) Fold in whipped cream and kirsch slowly.
(13) Put in a slice of cake into cake ring, piur in some mousse filling and then cover it with another slice of cake. Leave to set in the fridge.
(14) Unmould cakes and decorate the top by piping some flowers with whipped cream.
(15) Serve chilled. Enjoy....
** Instead of raspberry, can use strawberries or blueberries.