Monday, January 01, 2007
Fresh Blueberry Muffins
100 gm. sugar
100 gm. Butter
2 nos. eggs
120 ml. Buttermilk or Fresh milk
220 gm. Cake flour
65 gm. Egg white
10 gm. Baking powder, sifted together with the cake flour
100 gm. Fresh Blueberries
(1) Beat butter and sugar till smooth and creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time, followed by buttermilk or milk.
(3) Fold in flour mixture, don't overfold.
(4) Whisk egg white till soft peak and fold into mixture. Be careful not to overwork this batter.
(5) Throw in fresh blueberries and lightly fold.
(6) Scoop into paper cups in muffin pan and bake at 180C for about 20 min.s or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(7) Remove from oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack.