spiral-shaped Chocolate Doughnuts
Ingredients for dough:
300 gm. Bread flour
200 gm. plain flour
80 gm. sugar
5 gm. salt
20 gm. milk powder
10 gm. instant yeast
230 ml. water
1 medium size egg
40 gm. shortening or margarine
some fine castor sugar + some cinnamon powder (for coating)
(1) Put all the dry ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat till well mixed for about 2 mins.
(2) Pour in water and beaten egg and continue beating for another 8 mins.
(3) Add in shortening and continue beatting for another 5 mins.
(4) Lift up dough from mixer and mould into a round ball and let it rest for about 45 mins.
(5) Roll dough flat on the table, dusting with flour, to about 1 cm. in thickness.
Use doughnut cutter to cut out the doughnuts and place onto tray to let it rest for another 45 mins.
(6) Use medium heat to dee-fry doughnuts till golden. Remove doughnuts onto kitchen towel (absorbent papers).
(7) Leave till warm then coat with cinnamon sugar.
**Recipe adapted from the book "Bread Magic"