Friday, March 30, 2007
Three Citrus Cream cheese Pound Cake
180 gm. Cake flour
1/8 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
a pinch of salt
130 gm. Cream cheese
160 gm. Butter
225 gm. fine sugar
180 gm. eggs - lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla essence
2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 no. Orange Zest
1/2 tsp. Lemon Zest
1/2 tsp. Lime Zest
(1) Sift cake flour and bicarbonate of soda together and set aside.
(2) Cream butter and cream cheese together for 1 min. then gradually pour in sugar and continue beating till creamy and light.
(3) Pour in beaten eggs in a steady stream till finished. Mix thoroughly.
(4) Add in vanilla essence, orange zest, lemon zest and lime zest.
(5) Fold in flour mixture lightly and then pour into a loaf pan (9" x 4")and bake at 160C for about 1 hour 30 mins.
(6) Insert skewer in and if the centre comes out clean, then it's cooked.
(7) Remove cake from oven for 10 mins. in it's pan before removing frompan.
Cool cake over a wire rack.
(8) Can serve the cheese pound cake with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.
Recipe is adapted from the book "Crave"