Saturday, December 02, 2006
Snow Hearted White Chocolate Mousse Cake
Ingredients for Sponge cake:
120 gm. cake flour
80 gm. melted butter
4 nos. eggs
120 gm. castor sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp. of vanilla essence
Ingredients for white chocolate mousse:
9 gm. gelatine powder
45 gm. water
1 egg yolk
40 gm. fresh milk
80 gm. white chocolate
135 gm. whipped cream
Method for sponge cake:
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till thick and fluffy, pale in colour.
(2) Sift in cake flour and salt and fold gently.
(3) Pour in melted butter and vanilla essence.
(4) Pour into a rectangle tray 10" x 14" and bake at 190C for about 10 mins.
(5) Cool cake onto wire rack and cut into small pieces to fit into a heart shaped petite cake ring or any petite cake rings of your choice.
Method for white chocolate mousse:
(1) Mix gelatine powder with water and let it bloom for 5 mins. before melting it over simmering hot water or microwave.
(2) Whisk whipping cream until fluffy and set aside.
(3) Melt white chocolate over hot simmering water.
(4) Whiske egg yolk and fresh milk over hot simmering water.
(4) Add in dissolved gelatine mixture into the gelatine and stir thoroughly. Add in melted white chocolate and mix till smooth.
(5) Fold in whipped cream.
(6) Pour filling into the petite moulds with a thin sponge as the base.
(7) Chill till mousse set. Remove cake rings.
(8) Garnish top with white chopped chocolate and fresh fruit.