Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Polenta Butter Cake
250 gm. Butter
230 gm. castor sugar
4 nos. eggs (large eggs)
grated zest of 1 Lemon
2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
190 gm. Cake flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
180 gm. finely ground Polenta or yellow corn meal
Icing sugar for dusting cake
(1) Prepare a 9" round cake tin, greased and lined with greaseproof paper.
(2) Cream butter and castor sugar till creamy and light.
(3) Pour in eggs one at a time till well combined.
(4) Add in lemon zest and lemon juice and mix well.
(5) Fold in cake flour, baking powder and then polenta.
(6) Pour batter into cake tin and bake at 175C for about 50 to 60 mins. or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
(7) Remove from oven and let it cool on a wire rack.