Tuesday, December 05, 2006
Cream Cheese Vanilla Panna Cotta with Coffee Gelee
1 1/4 Tbsp. Gelatine Powder
50 ml. water
200 gm. cream cheese
50 gm. sugar
160 ml. Fresh milk
80 ml whipping cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. Gelatine Powder
200 ml. water
2 tsp. Coffee granules (Nescafe)
75 ml warm water
75 gm. light brown sugar
(1) For cream cheese filling, bloom gelatine powder with water for 5 mins. then double boil till gelatine turns clear.
(2) Heat milk and whipping cream until just boiled. Add in cream cheese , stirring continously until smooth. Remove from heat and mix in dissolved gelatine mixture. Leave to cool.
(3) For gelee filling, boil brown sugar and all the ingredients (except gelatine mixture) till sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
(4) Stir in gelatine mixture and stir till well combined. Leave to cool.
(5) Scoop 1 1/2 Tbsp. to 2 Tbsp. of cream cheese filling into a glass (the scooping of cream cheese depends on the volume of your glass). Let it set in the freezer. When it sets, scoop about 1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp. of gelee filling on top. Continue this process till mixture finish. You will get 3 layers of cream cheese filling and 3 layers of coffee gelee filling.
(6) Chill, decorate as desired and serve.
Recipe by: Mac Woo and June Lee of Crave