Friday, December 08, 2006
Chilled Blueberry Cheese Gateau
Ingredients for Cheese filling:
120 gm. Cream Cheese
50 gm. sugar
2 egg yolks
160 gm. Whipping Cream
9 gm. gelatine powder + 50 gm. water
80 gm. Blueberry pie filling
5 gm. (1 tsp.) Kirsch Liquer
150 gm. hot water
20 gm. sugar
8 gm. gelatine powder
80 gm. blueberry pie filling
A slice of thin sponge cake as base for the cake (any sponge of your choice)
(1) Cut the cut with your petite cake rings and place it at the bottom of your cake rings.
(2) Cream cream cheese with sugar till smooth.
(3) Melt gelatine powder over a pot of simmering water of microwave.
(4) Stir in egg yolks into the hot gelatine and mix till smooth.
(5) Pour gelatine and egg yolk mixture into cream cheese mixture and stir till well combined.
(6) Fold in whipped cream and blueberry pie filling and mix till well combined.
(7) Fill in the prepared cake rings with cream cheese filling leaving some space for pouring in the topping. Chill in the refrigerator till set.
(8) Stir hot water with gelatine powder till it dissolves. Mix all the ingredients together and leave it to cool till lukewarm, then pour on top of the chilled blueberry cream cheese filling.
(9) Put the cakes into the refrigerator to let it set and serve chilled.