Monday, November 20, 2006
Wholemeal Butter Cake
160 gm. Butter
120 gm. Sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
200 gm. eggs
10 gm. Rum
30 gm. Fresh milk
50 gm. Dairy Whip cream
100 gm. wholemeal flour
150 gm. cake flour
1 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
some melted chocolate for piping - decoration
(1) Cream butter , sugar and salt till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs a little at a time till well incorporated.
(3) Add in run, fresh milk, whip cream into beating butter mixture.
(4) Fold in wholemeal flour, cake flour and bicarbonate of soda.
(5) Spoon into a muffin pan or an iron gem muffin mould, greased and dusted with flour.
(6) Bake at 175C for about 20 mins.
(7) Remove from oven, then cake from mould and leave it to cool.
(8) When cool, turn over and pipe some chocolate on top of cakes.