Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Sweet Potato Ice-Cream Bun
Ingredients for dough:
300 Bread flour
10 gm. instant yeast
50 gm. sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. bread improver
30 gm. milk powder
120 gm. water
120 gm. fresh milk
40 gm. margarine or butter
20 gm. Pumpkin seeds for decoration
Filling: Mix the fillings together
200 gm. sweet potato (peeled, steamed and mashed)
125 gm. vanilla ice-cream
50 gm. icing sugar
50 gm. instant custard powder
(1) Mix the bread flour, instant yeast, salt, sugar, bread improver and milk powder together and mix for 1 min.then pour in fresh milk and water and beat for 10 mins.
(2) Add in margarine and continue beating for another 5 mins.
(3) Remove dough from mixer, knead into a round ball then rest for 35 mins.
(4) Weigh and scale dough into 60 gm. small balls and let it rest for 10 mins.
(5) Roll into an round shape, put in a tablespoon of fillings and then fold into half. Use a cutter to cut 3 cuts and leave to proof until double in size for about 35 mins.
(6) Brush top with beaten egg and sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top.
(7) Bake in a hot oven of 190C for about 10 mins.
(8) Leave to cool on wire rack.