Sunday, November 26, 2006
Ingredients for tart dough:
120 gm. butter
25 gm. egg
45 gm. sugar
250 gm. plain flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
(1) Rube butter into flour till it resemble breadcrumbs.
(2) Add in sugar, vanilla essence and egg and mix into a pliable dough.
(3) Rest dough for 20 mins.
(4) Press dough into tart mould and bake in the oven at 175C for 20 mins or till golden brown.
Filling: Mix together:
50 gm. instant custard
125 gm. fresh milk - cold
100 gm. whipped cream
100 gm. fresh raspberries cooked with 2 Tbsp. sugar + 2 Tbsp. water and thicken with a little cornflour water (2 tsp. cornflour + 1 Tbsp. water)
some melted chocolate for brushing tart shell
(1) Brush melted chocolate onto the base of the baked tart shell.
(2) Scoop filling into tart shell.
(3) Arrange raspberries on top and then chill in the fridge before serving.