Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Mint Chocolate Cheese Tart
Ingredients for tart dough:
250 gm. Cold butter - cut into small cubes
80 gm. sugar
1/2 to 1 beaten egg
400 gm. Plain flour
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
(1) Rub cold butter into plain flour till it resembles breadcrumbs.
(2) Add in sugar and mix thoroughly. Add in vanilla essence.
(3) Pour in egg a little at a time till it becomes a pliable dough.
(4) Rest dough in the fridge for 20 mins.
(5) Press a little dough into tart moulds and cut off excess dough.
(6) Place onto tray and bake at 175C till golden brown.
(7) Remove from mould, leave onto wire rack to cool.
(8) Place cheese filling into a piping bag fitted with a plain nozzle and pipe onto the baked tarts.
(9) Pour some ganache on top, chill and serve.
250 gm. Cream cheese
60 gm. Icing sugar
10 nos. Mint leaves - finely chopped
1 Tbsp. Peppermint liquer (Bols) - optional
a few drops of apple green colouring
180 gm. Whipped Cream
Ganache: 50 gm. Dairy whip cream + 100 gm. cooking chocolate
Method for fillings:
(1) Cream cream cheese with icing sugar till fluffy.
(2) Add in mint leaves, peppermint liquer, colouring and then fold in whipped cream.