Monday, November 27, 2006
Bubble Rice Crackers
250 gm. Bubble Rice
150 gm. roasted peanuts
120 gm. fried sesame seeds
350 gm. sugar
1 Tbsp. Maltose
1 Tbsp. cooking oil
2 slices lemon
150 ml. water
(1) Mix the bubble rice with peanuts and sesame seeds. Leave aside.
(2) Pour all the ingredients for the syrup into a wok and let it boil until the sugar is completely dissolved. Cook till thick. To test whether the syrup is ready, drop a few drops into water and if it forms into small balls and not dissolve, it means the syrup is ready).
(3) Pour in the bubble rice mixture and stir till completely combined.
(4) Pour the mixture into a rectagular tin 1o" x 14" and press down firmly. Leave to cool till semi-warm.
(5) Cut into pieces when still warm and then leave it to cool.
(6) Store in air tight containers.