Sunday, November 05, 2006
Blueberry Cheese Tart
Ingredients for Pastry: (Makes about 30 nos.)
100 gm. Butter
60 gm. icing sugar
30 gm. beaten egg
200 gm. Plain flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla essence
Ingredients for Cream cheese filling:
300 gm. Cream cheese
80 gm. icing sugar
1 tsp. lemon paste
15 gm. vanilla essence
50 gm. whip cream
25 gm. cornflour - sieved
2 nos. large eggs
Some Blueberry Jam topping
(1) Cream butter, icing sugar till slightly creamy.
(2) Add in beaten eggs, salt, and vanilla essence.
(3) Fold in flour and mix into a dough. Leave in the fridge for 20 mins.
(4) Press dough into tart mould and cut off excess dough.
(5) Bake the tart mould till half-baked and let it cool slightly.
(6) Cream cream cheese and icing sugar till creamy.
(7) Add in lemon paste and vanilla essence.
(8) Add in eggs one at a time , beating well after each addition.
(9) Add in whip cream and mix evenly.
(10) Pour filling into half-baked tarts, scoop a little blueberry jam topping on top of filling and then use a skewer to swirl into a marble effect and bake in preheated oven at 180C for 10 to 15 mins. or till set.
(11) Leave to cool before serving.