Sunday, October 29, 2006
Tiramisu Swiss Roll
Ingredients for sponge cake:
80 gm. caster sugar
80 gm. cake flour
20 gm. cocoa powder
60 gm. cornoil
4 - 5 nos. of sponge fingers
200 gm. Whipped Cream
50 gm. Water
40 gm. of Cappuccino Fond (can buy from Sun Lik)
Coffee Syrup: mix together
100 ml. hot water
1 to 2 tsp. of coffee paste
1 Tbsp. Kahlua or Bailey's coffee
(1) Whisk eggs ad sugar till light and fluffy.
(2) Gently fold in sifted flour , cocoa powder and cornoil into the eggs mixture.
(3) Pour into a rectangular tray of 10" x 14" (lined with greaseproof paper) and then bake at 200C for about 8 - 10 mins.
(4) Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
(5) For filling: Mix the cappuccino fond with water and then fold into whipped cream.
(6) When sponge is cooled, brush with coffee syrup, spread the filling onto sponge and place soaked sponge fingers (soak into coffee syrup) on top of cream and roll into a swiss roll.
(7) Put into the refrigerator.
(8) Sieve cocoa powder on top of swiss roll, slice and serve.
Note: If you don't want to use the cappuccino fond, you can use this:
250 gm. Mascarpone cheese
1 Tbsp. Rum
1 Tbsp. Kahlua or Marsala Wine
*This recipe is adapted from the book "Elegant Swiss Roll" by Kevin Chai