Sunday, October 15, 2006
Rainbow Swiss Roll
250 gm. Optima sponge mix
50 ml. water
1 tsp. ovalette
50 gm. cornoil
a drop of yellow colouring, apple green colour, strawberry paste + pink colouring, chocolate paste
120 gm. Butter cream
(1) Whisk eggs, optima flour, water and ovalette till thick and fluffy.
(2) Pour in cornoil and mix thoroughly.
(3) Divide batter into 4 equal portions and add in colouring and paste to each individual portion.
(4) Spread the colouring batter into a 10" x 14" sq. tray (25 cm x 35 cm), row by row until finish. Tilt the tray a little to prevent batter from flowing over.
(5) Bake at 200C for about 10 mins.
(6) Remove from oven and leave it to cool on a wire rack till completely cooled.
(7) Place swiss roll onto a piece of greaseproof paper. Spread butter cream onto sponge cake and roll into a swiss roll.