Wednesday, October 11, 2006
Chequered skin swiss roll with lemon and pineapple filling
80 gm. castor sugar
95 gm. plain flour
50 gm. cornoil
a little chocolate paste
Filling: 100 gm. butter cream
2 pieces pineapple rings - chopped
a few red cherries - diced
Some lemon filling (or jam)
(1) Whisk eggs and sugar till fluffy.
(2) Fold in flour and cornoil.
(3) Take a little of the batter and add in chocolate paste. Fill into a piping bag and pipe chequered patterns onto the tray (10" x 14"). Got to be quick otherwise it will flow and become a big patch.
(4) Pipe balance white batter on top of the pipe chequered pattern and bake at 190C for about 8 - 10 mins.
(5) Remove from oven and leave to cool on a wire rack.
(6) Cream sponge with butter cream, spread lemon filling on top and sprinkle chopped pineapples and diced cherries on top. Roll into a swiss roll and keep the refrigerator till set.
(7) Slice and serve chilled.