Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Thousand Layer Flaky Yam Mooncake
200 gm. Plain flour
1/2 tsp. white vinegar
50 gm. shortening
30 gm. sugar
100 gm. water
180 gm. Plain flour
100 gm. shortening
(1) For water dough, mix all the ingredients together into a dough. Rest for 20 mins. Divide into 4 portions.
(2) For oil dough, mix all the ingredients. Divide into 4 portions.
(3 Take water dough and wrap up the oil dough.
(4) Roll into a long rectangle and roll up into a swiss roll shape. Roll out again and roll into a swiss roll again (altogether two times).
(5) Cut the roll into 4 pcs each. Roll out the cut dough , spiral side facing up and wrap up with yam filling.
(6) Deep fry in medium hot oil till golden brown.
500 gm. Yam - steamed and mashed
160 gm. Sugar
80 gm. cooking oil
25 gm. wheat starch
5 shallots - slice
(1) Fry the shallots in oil till fragrant. Discard shallots.
(2) Add in mashed yam, wheat starch and sugar and fry till almost dry.
(3) Cool fillings before wrapping.
(4) Divide into 16 portions.