Sunday, September 24, 2006
Snow skin Pure Durian Paste Moon Cake
Durian Paste Ingredients:
1000 gm. Mashed Durian Flesh
80 gm. Sugar
30 gm. Santan powder
1/2 tsp. Durian paste
2 Tbsp. Fried Glutinous Rice flour - Kuo fen
1 Tbsp. Maltose
30 gm. Oil
20 gm. Teng Mien Flour (Wheat Starch)
a few drop of yellow colouring
(1) Fry durian flesh till dry then add in sugar and santan powder and continue frying till dry.
(2) Add in maltose, essence and colouring and mix well.
(3) Finally, add in oil, fried glutinous rice flour and fry till thick.
(4) Leave aside to cool thoroughly before using.
Ingredients for Snow Skin ingredients:
150 gm. Hong Kong Fried Glutinous rice flour
200 gm. icing sugar
180 ml. cold water
40 gm. santan powder
1/4 tsp. durian paste
20 gm. shortening - Crisco
a few drops of yellow colouring
(1) Mix H.K. fried glutinous rice flour, icing sugar, santan powder and crisco shortening together.
(2) Add in cold water, essence and colouring. Mix till it becomes a dough. Leave aside to rest for 10 mins.
(3) Divide durian paste to small portions and roll into round balls.
(4) Wrap durian paste with snow skin and press into mooncake mould and then knock out.
(5) Keep in the fridge until cold and set.
(6) Slice and serve.