Monday, September 11, 2006
Mango Yoghurt Agar-agar Mooncake
Ingredients for filling:
150 gm. fresh milk or yoghurt
2 nos. egg yolk
20 gm. lemon juice
100 gm. Dairy fresh cream
100 gm. mango puree
200 gm. Water
3 tsp. agar-agar powder
100 gm. mango cubes
75 gm. castor sugar
Ingredients for the skin:
300 gm. fresh milk
900 gm. Water
120 gm. sugar
6 tsp. agar-agar powder
40 gm. custard powder
230 gm. yoghurt
230 gm. mango puree
A little of yellow colouring
(1) For fillings: Put water, agar-agar powder and sugar to boil until boiling point. Then lower heat. (you can also opt to off the fire)
(2) Mix the 2 egg yolks with fresh milk then add into (1). Pour into agar-agar mixture and stir.
(3) Add in lemon juice, mango puree and fresh cream and stir till well mixed. Off fire. Add in mango cubes.
(4) Pour mixture into chwee kueh tart mould and let it set.
(5) For skin: Cook water, sugar and agar agar powder till boiling point. Lower heat and add in fresh milk mixed with custard powder (stir first till smooth). Pour the custard mixture into the agar agar mixture and stir till smooth.
(6) Add in yoghurt, mango puree and a little yellow colouring.
(7) To assemble: pour in some skin agar agar into moon cake mould, let it half set, put in the filling then pour the balance skin mixture into the mould till full. Let it set.
(8) Chill in the fridge before serving.
Note: Agar-agar powder, use Rose Brand.