Please note that I've added in some melted chocolate into the dough and a slight increase in the flour and I find it more yummy this way, so I edited it a little.
Ingredients for skin:
120 gm. cake flour
25 gm. Butter
50 gm. icing sugar
30 gm. melted chocolate
1 no. egg
15 gm. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1 Tbsp. fresh milk
1/8 tsp. Bicarbonate of soda
1 Kg. of Lotus paste
60 gm. chocolate chips
60 gm. melon seeds - toasted
some salted egg yolks - knock the eggs, take the yolks, rub with some rice wine then bake for 5 mins.
(1) Mix butter, icing sugar till well mixed.
(2) Add in beaten egg , mix thoroughly then add in fresh milk and mix again.
(3) Add in vanilla essence and melted chocolate.
(4) Sift the flour , cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, cinnamon powder together and then add into the butter mixture and mix till it becomes a dough. If the mixture is too soft, put into the fridge to let it harden a little.
(5) For fillings, mix the lotus paste, chocolate chips and melon seeds together. Divide the fillings according to the size of your mould, e.g. about 120 gm.
(6) For skin, weigh about 40 gm. skin, wrap up the lotus paste filling , press into moon cake mould and then knock it out from the mould. Place onto baking tray.
(7) Bake at 180C for about 20 mins or till cooked.