Monday, September 04, 2006
Chocolate Cheesecake with Blueberries
Ingredients for the base:
250 gm. Digestive biscuits - blend into powder form
120 gm. melted butter
Mix the blended biscuits with melted butter and press into a 9" springform tin and chill in the refrigerator till set.
Ingredients for Fillings:
500 gm. Cream Cheese
180 gm. Sugar
150 gm. white chocolate - melted
5 eggs - 60 to 65 gm. eggs
180 gm. Sour Cream
1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 Lemon zest - chopped
100 gm. Dairy whip cream
100 gm. Fresh Blueberries
(1) Cream cream cheese with sugar until craemy.
(2) Add in melted white chocolate and mix till well blended.
(3) Add in eggs one at a time and cream till well mixed.
(4) Add in sour cream, lemon juice and lemon zest.
(5) Pour in whip cream and mix till well blended.
(6) Lay fresh blueberries into the chilled biscuit base.
(7) Pour batter into the chilled biscuit base and bake in water bath at 160C for about 70 mins. or until set.
(8) Turn off the oven and keep the cheese cake in the oven for about 30 mins. then leave the cake inthe oven with door slightly ajar for another 30 mins.
(9) Remove cake fromoven and let it cool down before rerigerating for at least 4 to 5 hours.
(10) Release cake from tin and decorate with grated white chocolate curls.