Thursday, August 24, 2006
4 nos. egg white
80 gm. caster sugar
4 nos. egg yolk
1/4 tsp. vanilla essence
100 gm. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
40 gm. corn oil
100 gm. Butter cream
invert Sugar - very fine sugar
(1) Whisk egg white for awhile, then add in caster sugar gradually.
(2) Drop in the egg yolk one by one into the beating egg white until finish and continue beating for another 3 mins.
(3) Stop the machine, fold in the cake flour and baking powder.
(4) Fold in cornoil and pour into a 11" x 14" tray or 10" x 14" tray and bake at 200C for about 10 mins.
(5) Take out from tray and leave on the wire rack to cool.
(6) Spread butter cream onto the cooled swiss roll and roll into a swiss roll.
(7) Sprinkle some sugar onto a greaseproof paper and roll the swiss roll to and fro until evenly covered with the help of the greaseproof paper.
(8) Slice and serve.