Sunday, August 27, 2006
Pandan Raisin Plaited Bun
400 gm. Bread flour
100 gm. cake flour
90 gm. Sugar
5 gm. salt (1 tsp.)
12 gm. instant yeast
5 gm. Bread improver (1 tsp.)
40 gm. margarine or butter
40 gm. shortening
10 gm. pandan paste
200 ml. cold water
100 gm. raisins
Some kaya paste
Custard paste - 50 gm. instant custard mix with 120 ml. cold water
(1) Mix flour, sugar, salt, improver and yeast into a mixer bowl. Mix with the hook, pour in water, pandan paste and egg and beat for about 10 mins.
(2) Add in margarine and shortening and let it beat for another 5 mins. Add in raisins and let it mix for awhile only. Long beating will break up the raisins and cause the colour of the bread to turn unsightly.
(3) Roll the dough into a round ball and let it rest for 45 mins.
(4) Weigh and scale the dough into 100 gm. portion and then roll it round and let it rest for another 10 mins.
(5) Flatten the dough and roll it into long shape, combine 3 together and plait it.
Keep the plaited dough in warm place and let it proof for another 45 mins.
(6) Brush beaten egg on top to glaze the buns and pipe some kay and custard cream on top.
(7) Bake at 190C for about 15 mins. or till it turned golden brown.