This is my recipe for a simple puff pastry curry puff:
LAYERED CURRY PUFF
Ingredients for Pastry:
300 gm. Plain flour
120 gm. Margerine
175 gm. cold water
5 gm. salt
1 tsp. lime juice
25 gm. castor sugar
150 gm. Pastry margarine
300 gm. potatoes
300 gm. yellow sweet potatoes (you can use all potatoes if you like)
150 gm. chicken breastmeat - diced
1 1/2 Tbsp. meat curry powder
1 Tbsp. chopped garlic
2 Tbsp. Chopped shallots
3 stalks of lemon grass - bruised
50 gm. coconut milk
Seasoning: 2 tsp salt, 250 gm. water
1 tsp. sugar, 1 tsp. MSG
(1) Mix all the pastry ingredients together except the pastry margarine and let it rest in the refrigerator for 20 mins.
(2) Flatten dough and roll into a rectangular shape and wrap in the pastry
margarine, rest dough for 15 mins.
(3) Roll our dough and do 3-folds (single fold). Repeat twice and after every
rolling , rest the dough for 20 mins.
(4) For fillings:
Heat 500 gm. oil in the kwali, dee-fry the cube potatoes and sweet potatoes
(5) Heat another 3 tbsp. of oil, saute garlic, shallots, serai and curry powder
until fragrant. Add in chicken meat, potatoes and water, let it simmer in low
heat until cooked and thicken. Add in coconut milk and stir for a while. Let it cool.
(6) Roll out dough into 3mm. thick.
(7) Cut out dough with a round cutter of your preference.
(8) Wrap in curry fillings.
(9) Seal and pinch the edges to form a wave design. Use a fork to prick some holes
on top of the curry puffs.
(10) Brush with egg glaze and bake in oven at 190C for 25 - 30 mins. or until golden brown.