Sunday, July 17, 2011
Salted Egg Puff
200 gm. plain flour
65 gm shortening
2 tbsp. sugar
110 ml. water
a pinch of salt
165 gm. plain flour
100 gm. shortening
400 gm. Red Bean Paste
6 salted egg yolks (cut into 1/2)
(1) To make water dough, mix all the ingredients together and then leave it to rest for 15 mins and then divide into 12 portions.
(2) To make oil dough, mix the flour and shortening together and then divide into 12 portions.
(3) Wrap the water dough with the oil dough and then roll into a rectangle and then roll up. Repeat twice.
(4) Divide the red bean paste into 12 portions and wrap 1/2 the egg yolk.
(5) Roll out pastry and wrap up with the red bean filling.
(6) Brush top with egg and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
(7) Bake at 180C for about 20 to 25 mins or till golden in colour.