Monday, November 16, 2009
Chocolate Sponge Cake:
60 gm. cocoa powder
1 tsp. instant coffee powder
1/4 tsp. salt
250 gm. fresh milk
1 tsp chocolate paste
125 gm. unsalted butter
200 gm. castor sugar
200 gm. cake flour
1/4 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp. baking powder
Cream cheese filling:
300 gm. Cream Cheese
65 gm. icing sugar
1 lemon zest
1/2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
150 gm. melted white chocolate
3 gelatine sheets (soak in some water then melt) or 12 gm. gelatine powder
200 gm. whipped cream
100 gm. blueberry pie filling
Method for chocolate sponge:
(1) Mix cocoa powder with instant coffee powder and fresh milk. Stir till well mixed. Add in chocolate paste and stir again.
(2) Cream butter and sugar till soft and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time and mix well before adding in the next.
(3) Sieve cake flour with baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt and then fold into the butter and sugar mixture alternating with the fresh milk mixture.
(4) Pour into a 9" round cake tin and bake for 40 mins at 180C or till cake is cooked.
(5) Cool cake on cooling rack. Slice the cake about 2 cm high.
Method for cream cheese filling:
(1) Cream cream cheese and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in lemon zest and lemon juice. Cream till well mixed.
(3) Add in melted white chocolate and melted gelatine.
(4) Fold in whipped cream then lastly add in blueberry pie fillings.
(5) Place sliced chocolate cake into a 9" round springform tin.
(6) Pour cream cheese fillings on top of cake and chill for 3 to 4 hours till set before serving.