Wednesday, September 16, 2009
8o gm. cake flour or plain flour
1 tsp. ovalette
30 gm. water
20 gm. cornflour
80 gm. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
40 gm. cornoil
a pinch of salt
Mango cheese cream:
250 gm. Cream cheese
2 Tbsp. Boiron Mango Puree
200 gm. whipped Fresh Cream
1 mango - peeled and diced for decorations
Method for sponge cake:
(1) Whisk all the ingredients together except cornoil till thick and creamy.
(2) Pour in cornoil and let the machine mix till well blended.
(3) Pour batter into an 8" round cake tin and bake for 25 mins at 180C or till cooked. Remove cake from tin immediately and leave it to cool before slicing into two equal layers.
(4) For cream cheese: cream cream cheese and mango puree till well mixed then fold in Whipped Fresh cream (already whipped till fluffy).
(5) Spread cream cheese filling onto one sponge then top up with another layer then cover the whole cake with balance cream.
(6) Chill in the fridge and before serving, sprinkle diced mangoes on top and serve.