Friday, July 03, 2009
Fest Chocolate Cake
Ingredients for making chocolate cake:
100 gm. Butter or Margarine (or 1/2 butter + 1/2 margarine)
125 gm. sugar
3 egg yolks
2 egg white
30 gm. sugar
125 gm. evaporated milk
40 gm. fresh cream (unwhipped)
100 gm. cake flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. Bicarbonate of Soda
20 gm. cocoa powder
90 gm. sponge mix / optima flour
250 gm. chopped chocolate
200 gm. fresh cream
1 tsp. butter
1 tsp. Nescafe powder
10 gm. Milo
(1) Beat butter and 125 gm. sugar till creamy then add in egg yolks one at a time.
Add in milk and fresh cream and mix till well combined.
(2) Whisk egg white with 30 gm. sugar till fluffy.
(3) Sift cake flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder together.
(4) Mix (1) and (2) together then fold in the flour mixture and sponge mix flour.
(5) Pour into a rectangular tin - 10" x 7". Bake at 175C for about 20 to 25 mins or till cake is cooked.
For fillings: Microwave all the ingredients together and stir till smooth. Set aside to let it set .
Slice cake into 3 layers and sandwich them together with the chocolate fillings.
Chill in the fridge.
Serve cocoa powder on top and serve.