Monday, April 20, 2009
French Blueberry Muffins
225 gm. Flour
130 gm. sugar
8 gm. Baking powder
3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
125 gm. unsalted butter - melted
75 gm. eggs
150 gm. fresh milk
1 tsp. Lemon zest - grated
1 cup blueberries
(1) Sift flour, baking powder and salt together then stir in sugar.
(2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, milk and lemon zest. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and fold gently till it's around 90% moistened.
(3) Fold in blueberries into the batter and stir till just combined. Do not fold in too much after adding the blueberries or the colour will spread to the entire batter, creating a blue effect.
(4) Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups or paper cups evenly.
(5) Bake at 180C for about 25 mins. or till golden brown.
(6) Enjoy these muffins while still warm or serve them within 12 hours for the moistest muffins. Wrap any remaining muffins in plastic film to preserve it's moisture. Microwave a few secs before serving again....