Thursday, January 15, 2009
Pandan Lapis Serikaya
100 gm. unsalted butter
125 gm. plain flour
120 gm. coconut milk (santan)
1 egg - lightly beaten
200 gm. egg yolks (about 10 eggs)
300 gm. egg white
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cream of tartar
150 gm. fine sugar
1 tsp. pandan paste
a drop of apple green colouring
(1) Melt butter then stir into plain flour till smooth.
(2) Warm up santan (coconut milk) and mix with egg and egg yolks. Then stir into the above mixture.
(3) Whisk egg white with salt and cream of tartar till frothy. Add in sugar and continue whisking till fluffy.
(4) Fold egg white into the egg yolks mixture and mix thoroughly. Divide mixture into 2 portions. Add pandan paste and green colouring into one portion and leave the other plain.
(5) Pour into 9" square tin and bake at 175C for about 30 mins. or till cooked. Leave cakes to cool completely on wire rack.
(6) Sandwich both cakes with kaya. Slice and serve.