Stef has contributed this cheesecake recipe and she has given me the permission to share it with everyone..Enjoy!!
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CHEESECAKE
170 g digestive biscuits
30g brown sugar
70g butter, melted
20 pieces Werther's Original caramels
45 ml milk
1/4 tsp salt
90 pecans,chopped coarsely
170g chocolate ganache (leftover from a truffle session I had,proportion is to melt 200g good dark chocolate with a tin of Nestle cream - 170 gm.)
500 g cream cheese, softened
1 small carton sour cream (150ml)
150 g brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup plain flour
1. In a medium bowl, combine digestive crumbs, sugar and melted butter. Mix well and press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan. Pour on melted caramel mixture and freeze for 30 minutes.
2. To make the Caramel Filling: Microwave everything on low till smooth and melted. Stir in nuts. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar,sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sift in the flour. Fold 1/3 of the filling into the chocolate ganache, then mix till smooth. Pour some white batter on the crust, marble half the chocolate batter thru then smooth on the remaining white batter. Marble the remaining chocolate batter on
5. Steam-bake (in bain-marie) in the preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or until center is almost set. Cool in oven with door slightly open. Refrigerate overnight before serving.
6. Can decorate with chocolate glaze before serving...melt some chocolate with butter and a bit of golden syrup for a shiny look,pipe/drizzle randomly over the cake.