Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Orange Bar Cookies
130 gm. butter
90 gm. sugar
1 egg yolk
230 gm. plain flour
1/8 tsp. salt
30 gm. custard powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
30 gm. ground almonds
1 tsp. orange emulco/paste
a little orange colouring if the the colour is not dark enough
For decoration: some melted chocolate and Hundred Thousands
(1) Cream butter, sugar and salt till creamy.
(2) Add in egg yolk , orange emulco and orange colouring.
(3) Add in plain flour, custard powder, ground almonds and baking powder. Mix into a dough.
(4) Roll out the dough and then use a cookie cutter to cut out the cookies. Lay onto a tray and bake at 150C for about 20 mins or till crispy.
(5) When cookies are cooled, melt some chocolate , pipe out lines and then sprinkle with Hundred Thousands.