Friday, August 01, 2008
Steamed Dates Pudding with Gula Melaka Sauce
75 gm. Butter
100 gm. sugar
100 gm. eggs
25 gm.cocoa powder
2- 3 Tbsp. flour (depending on the wetness of the cooked dates)
1 orange skin - grated
1/4 tsp. Baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder (optional)
50 gm. chopped white chocolate or chocolate chips
50 gm. cream or evaporated milk
175 gm. Dates paste (boil 120 gm. dates with 80 gm. water till thick and weigh out 175 gm.)
Gula Melaka sauce: Put into a pot and cook till gula melaka dissolves.
125 gm. gula melaka
60 gm. whipping cream
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy. Add in eggs and mix till well combined.
(2) Add in the rest of the ingredients.
(3) Spoon into Madeleine Moulds (round moulds with a ht of 2 1/2"). Steam over high heat for about 30 mins.
(4) Remove from steamer and leave it cool down.
(5) Serve with gula melaka sauce. Enjoy!!!