Saturday, July 12, 2008
Steamed Corn Layer Cake
150 gm. Hong kong flour or any superfine flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
200 gm. castor sugar
2 Tbsp. condensed milk
1/2 tin cream style cream corn
1/8 tsp. of salt
1 tsp. vanilla essence
1/2 Tbsp. ovalette
1 Tbsp. Fresh milk
a little lemon yellow colouring
(1) Whisk sugar , eggs, ovalette and fresh milk till thick and fluffy.
(2) Add in condense milk.
(3) Fold in sifted flour and stir till well mixed. Stir in cream corn and salt.
(4) Divide into 3 portions.
(5) 1 portion - leave plain and the other 2 portions, add in lemon yellow colouring.
(6) Line and grease an 8" x 8" square tray.
(7) Pour in 1 layer of lemon colour portion into the tray and steam for about 20 mins. or till cooked.
(8) Then pour in the plain portion and then steam for another 20 mins. or till cooked.
(9) Last layer (top layer), pour the yellow portion and steam for another 20 mins. till cooked.
(10) Leave to cook before slicing.