Sunday, July 06, 2008
Chocolate Mint Torte
250 gm. Chocolate Biscuits of your choice (Khong Guan Biscuits)
30 gm. almond nibs
100 gm. melted Buter
Chocolate cream filling:
300 gm. chocolate - good quality
9 gm. Gelatine powder mixed with 30 gm. of water (microwave for 20 secs)
90 gm. liquid glucose
90 gm. water - warm
380 gm. Whipped cream - whisked
1 tsp. peppermint essence
200 gm. dark chocolate
100 gm. UHT whipping cream
1 tbsp. liquid glucose or Corn syrup (Karo brand)
(1) Biscuit base: Blend the biscuits and then mix with almond nibs and melted butter. If mixture is too dry, add in a little more of melted butter.
Press mixture into a 9" springform tin (round) or a loose-bottomed tin. Chill in refrigerator till set.
(2) Double boil chocolate till melted. Add in liquid glucose and water, stir till well combined. Add in gelatine mixture and stir.
(3) Whisk cream till slightly thickened. Fold in chocolate mixture and then add in peppermint essence. Pour mixture into prepared biscuit base and chill for at least 4 hours till set.
(4) Pour Topping on top and let it set before serving.
(5) For topping: heat cream then add in chocolate and liquid glucose and stir till combined. Pour on top of set chocolate cream filling.