Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Almond Polvoron (Milk Cookies)
2 cups Plain flour
1 cup Milk Powder of your choice
3/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup any nuts of your choice
(1) Fry plain flour in a wok over low heat till flour turns light brown and cooked. Sieve flour into a mixing and let it cool.
(2) Mix in the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
(3) Press into a polvoron plunger and push it out. If you do not have a plunger, a small cake ring will work as well.
(4) Chill it till harden before wrapping.
(5) Leave at room temperature before serving.