I bought this 2 Kg. tub of frozen Durian Meat (Premium quality) from Pastry Mart. Pte. Ltd. and it's simply delicious. My dh and staff thought I bought fresh Premium Quality durians from the Durian Stall and gave the Thumbs up for the Durian Cheesecake. THANKS "Sharon" for this.....*Wink*
You can opt for a thin sponge cake or a biscuit base:
280 gm. digestive biscuits - blended
30 gm. sugar
120 gm. Butter
350 gm. Durian Meat - mashed finely
500 gm. Cream cheese
120 gm. sugar
40 gm. cornflour
180 ml. coconut milk or evaporated milk
100 ml. whipping cream
3 eggs (beaten)
160 gm. Durian Meat
65 gm. fresh milk
45 gm. whipping cream
30 gm. sugar
1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
(1) Mix all the biscuit base ingredients together and press into a 9" springform tin. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the filling.
(2) Cream cream cheese and sugar till well combined. Add in corn flour followed by the rest of the ingredients. Mix till smooth.
(3) Pour cream cheese durian mixture onto the chilled biscuit base and then steam bake at 160C for about 1 hour.
(4) Mix the topping ingredients together and pour on top of the hot baked cheese cake. Bake for about 20 mins.
(5) Leave to cool on a cooling rack and then chill for at least 4 - 5 hours before serving.
(6) Sieve some cocoa powder on top before serving.