Sunday, April 27, 2008
Chocolate Almond Cake
250 gm. Butter
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 cup milk
1 cup Self raising flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup Ground almonds
Ganache: Microwave till chocolate melts and combine with whipping cream.
250 gm. cooking chocolate
200 gm. whipping cream
(1) Cream butter and sugar till creamy.
(2) Add in eggs one at a time till well combined before the next addition.
(3) Add in fresh milk alternately with the flour and cocoa powder mixture.
(4) Fold in ground almonds.
(5) Pour into a 9" Round tray and bake at 175C for about 50 - 60 mins. or till well-cooked. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
(6) Slice cake into 2 pieces and sandwich them with ganache and then cover the whole cake with ganache. Decorate as desired.
(7) Chill cake before slicing.